What a year.
I'm a bit ashamed to admit that I'm glad to see 2011 in the rear view mirror. Parts of 2011 were really tough for all of us at Greystone.Net -- saying goodbye is never easy. But much good happened this year too though -- getting to know new colleagues and clients, working hard to expand our products and services, traveling across the world to speak at conferences, and most importantly, reconnecting with many friends in this busy world of healthcare Internet marketing.
Even though we had sadness, many good things happened for us this year, including:
- We worked with more than 35 different hospital and healthcare system clients this year -- more than half of them brand new to Greystone. Thank you!
- We hosted the 15th Annual Healthcare Internet Conference in Orlando with more than 560 attendees and over 60 exhibitors and sponsors. Thank you.
- Created a 15-year retrospective of the annual Healthcare Internet Conference. If you missed it, here is a quick review of the last 15 years of the healthcare Internet industry. Thanks to Robin Snow for all the hard work on the video. Much appreciated.
- We were honored to host more than 130 of our clients from across the country at our annual Client Conference. Thank you!
- We opened a satellite office in Troy, Michigan.
- We launched two new product offerings: SmartMap and the Collaboration Portal.
- We began offering formal strategic advice in the development of mobile strategies/tactics and mHealth plans.
- We held our 9th Annual Best In Class Web Awards competition in the Fall that honored some of the best Web work in healthcare.
- Greystone staff and executives gave speeches at more than ten national events in 2011 and participated in HIMSS Asia/Pac 2011 in Australia in September.
- We exhibited at the Healthcare Marketing Strategy Summit in the Spring, the Annual Conference from SHSMD in the Fall and of course, at the 15th Annual Healthcare Internet Conference in November.
- We launched the Healthcare Internet Hall of Fame to honor men, women and organizations that have made outstanding, long-lasting contributions to the Healthcare Internet industry. We were proud to oversee the induction of the initial class of "Hall of Fame" members. What fun. We are looking forward to this becoming an industry-guided event beginning in 2012.
- We announced the establishment of the John A. Eudes Vision & Excellence Award in memory of our co-founder and to honor men and women who embody John's ideals. The first honoree will be announced in November 2012 at the 16th Annual Healthcare Internet Conference.
Whew! No wonder it feels good to slow down a bit around the holidays.
Seriously, please know that we all so appreciate the conversations, relationships and friendships. It's what drives us every day to do a little more.
As we close the year, the Greystone team thanks you, our friends and colleagues, for the time together and we look forward to an exciting new year. Have a wonderful New Year's break, be safe and enjoy the chance to recharge and renew for next year. Keep in touch. We look forward to hearing from and seeing you in 2012!
Happy New Year.