This sponsored article was written by Ashlea Cartee. Ashley serves as Product Marketing Manager at OneTrust PreferenceChoice — part of the #1 most widely-used privacy, security and marketing user experience technology platform. In her role, Cartee is responsible for driving the development and delivery of OneTrust’s consent and preference management product as well as driving the refinement of the toolset and offerings. She works with marketers to centralize their user consent and preference management; comply with 100s of global data privacy regulations, including the GDPR and CCPA; and to drive engaging user experiences while promoting transparency as a key part of branding. Cartee is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/E, CIPM) and earned a degree in Public Relations from University of Alabama.
Around the globe, privacy regulations, patient expectations, and digital transformation in healthcare have put a large emphasis on how organizations collect and process personally identifiable information (PII) and protected health information (PHI). Changes to consent practices under these regulations have created many challenges for pharmaceutical companies and healthcare providers and have impacted marketing communication efforts across the board.
From email marketing to digital advertising and websites to mobile applications, instilling a balance between driving opt-ins, marketing consent and preferences, collecting first-party data, and delivering compelling user experiences is crucial – and it all starts with healthcare consent and preference management.
OneTrust provides the toolset for marketers to bring privacy and personalization together through transparency, choice, and trust. Download the infographic to learn more.
Automate Compliance and Build Trust with Consent and Preference Management
As responsible data management and security remains a key buying factor, organizations need to adapt to and uphold healthcare consent and preference management expectations. Your customers look to you for solutions, care, and support. Create meaningful, humanizing relationships with patients, providers (HCPs), or your employees during every healthcare encounter through compliant and transparent data capture, centralization, and communications. Prioritizing consent and preference management provides benefits to both the organization and marketing teams through instilling one key value: trust.
Trust is influenced across many aspects of the organization, like proactive incident management and C-level strategy, but as marketers, your team’s influence comes down to trustworthy data management.
Boost Compliant Cross-Channel Engagement and Personalization
Customers want more control over how, when, and where they interact with your practice. Embrace this flexibility to boost customer engagement and drive better results. With consent and preference management, reach customers through their preferred channel at the right frequency based on data provided by the patient or HCP.
Contributing factors to trust-based data management in the healthcare industry look like:
- Collecting valid consent for emails, SMS, and texts; track opt-ins/opt-outs, and manage consent re-capture across brands, business units, and locations
- Giving your audience the power of choice for communication preferences, providing personal data and more
- Providing data privacy, security, collection, and usage information in preference centers to build trust and provide value
- Using common integration systems like IQVIA and Veeva to leverage intelligent connections and expand portfolio capabilities.
- Improving products and efficacy of medicines by increasing opt-ins for data analysis and processing
- Maintain compliance with global regulations, frameworks, and guidelines
- Integrating with and activate consent, preferences, and first-party data in all systems, including ERH, CRM, iPaaS, and more
- HIPAA-compliant hosting, role-based access controls, and business associate agreements (BAA) offered to protect PHI
- Linking phone numbers, account numbers, email addresses, and other identifiers to de-dupe profiles of healthcare professionals (HCPs), patients, caregivers, and National Provider Identifiers (NPIs).
- Delivering the content, products, services, and offers that are most relevant to different audience segments
How Can OneTrust Help?
It’s crucial to put customers front and center of your strategy. The virtuous cycle of customer experiences is key to continuously build trust. The more customers trust you and get value from what you deliver using their data, the more data they will entrust you with and the better your offerings will be.
With OneTrust Consent and Preference Management Platform, capture and manage marketing consent and preferences, plus first-party data. Organizations focused on building trust with their audiences leverage our tools to empower choice and transparency to earn trust and fuel loyalty.
Explore how OneTrust can enable your organization to prioritize consent and preference management: Request a demo.