The demand for video content has increased over the past several years. If your organization’s digital strategy doesn’t include an emphasis on video content, you are missing out on a large segment of internet users.
Check out these statistics on the value of video content:
- By 2020, over 80% of consumer internet traffic will be attributed to online videos.
- Before visiting a brick-and-mortar store to see a product or service, almost half of internet users will look for videos related to that product/service.
- Facebook and YouTube videos are seen by 45% of people for an hour or more each week.
- Over half of smartphone users (53%) have more favorable opinions of companies that provide instructional videos.
- In 2016, 60% of marketers used video content in social media marketing.
- Live video was used by 14% of marketers in 2016.
- Over half (52%) of marketing professionals around the world agree that video content provides the best ROI.
- YOY revenue grows almost 50% faster for brands that use video marketing.
- Organic search traffic from search engines increases 157% with video.
- 43% of internet users want more video content from marketers in the future.
- On Twitter, videos are 6 times more likely to be retweeted than photos and 3 times more likely to be retweeted than GIFs.
- Video gets 135% more organic reach than photos on Facebook, on average.
- Three-quarters of executives watch videos related to their work on business websites one or more times per week.
- Video content is shared far more on social media than other types of types of content – 40% more likely to be shared than other content types.
- Marketing videos show a 27% higher CTR and 34% higher web conversion rate for companies that use videos in their marketing versus companies that don’t use them.
- Almost two-thirds (64%) of visitors to retail sites who watch a video stay an average of 2 minutes longer and are 64% more likely to make a purchase as opposed to visitors who do not watch a video.
- Marketing emails with videos can see an increased CTR of more than 90%.
- When an internet user likes a video ad, his/her likelihood of purchasing increases by 97% and brand association increases by 139%.