Healthcare Call Center Consulting
Call centers are transitioning to contact centers, which means doing more than just handling calls.
Today's contemporary call center is growing in sophistication and beyond just handling calls. As consumers expect omni-channel access – where people move easily from one communication mode to another in a seamless manner – call centers are being forced to become more adept at many forms of communications.
In a health system, there are various types of call centers that exist, such as:
- Marketing response call centers
- Nurse triage call centers
- Scheduling centers
- Billing call centers
- Transfer centers
- And more.
Regardless of the type of call center, hospitals and health systems find themselves needing to communicate with patients and prospective patients via telephone, email, patient portals, web forms, text messages, social media channels, mobile devices and video conferencing.
As a result, Greystone often works with hospital call centers to:
- Integrate call center and web functions including the incorporation of email, web chat, texting, video, etc., into the call center environment.
- Centralize core telephony functions such as marketing, scheduling, financial clearance, switchboards, nurse triage, transfer centers, transport services, etc.
Does Your Call Center Need a Review?
Greystone provides sound strategic advice and counsel on the development and management of hospital and health system call centers, having helped more than 100 organizations either build a call center from scratch or re-engineer an existing program.
We can perform a thorough strategic and operational review of your call center operations to:
- Determine the call center’s current operational state
- Enable us to identify service gaps
- Make recommendations about opportunities for improvement.
Components of a Typical Call Center Review Include:
How Can We Help?
Greystone provides a full range of call center assessment, advice and counsel to organizations that want to build a call center from scratch or re-engineer an existing center. Our services include:
- Conducting assessments of existing call centers to determine their effectiveness and productivity, identify unmet needs and opportunities and to make recommendations for improvement.
- Helping hospitals and health systems think through their needs from a call center perspective and develop a strategic vision, goals and road map.
- Developing plans for call center consolidation, standardization and unification.
- Determining how existing call centers should integrate with a health system’s digital platforms – website, portals, social channels, CRM platforms, EMR system, scheduling systems and more – to ensure they are complementary, coordinated and integrated, if at all possible.
- Helping hospitals and health systems reach a “make versus buy” decision regarding call centers – should we outsource the service or build an internal call center?
- Assisting in vendor selection and review, if new call center software or vendors are required.