Brian Schneweis, Sr. Copywriter, MERGE (Communications Sponsor of HCIC23), and Jessica Levco, a freelance healthcare writer who covered the 27th Annual Healthcare Internet Conference (HCIC) for Greystone.Net, both contributed to this article.
The 2023 Healthcare Internet Conference (HCIC) was unforgettable, and while we didn’t break the internet, we've no doubt transformed it. It’s impossible to cram all the awesomeness into one blog, but let’s try! Dive into the highlights and relive the ultimate digital healthcare event of 2023:
And the Award Goes To….
For the first time in HCIC history, the three annual awards programs were combined into one fun and exciting evening event/party. Recipients of the annual eHealthcare Leadership Awards and the John A. Eudes Vision & Excellence Award were revealed, and the 2023 inductees into the Healthcare Internet Hall of Fame (HIHOF) were inducted. You can read more about the festivities and awards here.
Mastering Health Tech
Our master classes had everyone buzzing from the beginning with deep exploration to leverage unique differentiators, nab top talent and conquer the legal landscape in digital marketing.
- Lisa Williams-Scott and Claudette John gave us the jolt we needed first thing Monday morning, detailing how essential clinical, business, IT, marketing and operations functions can work together like a well-oiled machine to make growth and patient loyalty skyrocket.
- Leaders from Luminis Health and Nemours Children’s Health showed us personalized digital experiences aren't just for the tech giants like Amazon, Netflix and Target—healthcare can (and will) lead the way, too!
Unlocking Insights with Killer Keynotes
The keynote speakers left us in awe and inspired to revolutionize our patient experience:
- Andrew Davis painted a picture of a patient Loyalty Loop to build anticipation, leverage the honeymoon phase and craft inspirational moments that increase revenues.
- Cris Ross and Edward Marx are long-term friends who faced life-threatening illnesses. They told us how being on the receiving end of care inspired them to turn the patient experience upside down.
- Jon Youshaei let us in on his secrets to understanding algorithms and going viral—techniques that bolster your online presence and foster meaningful relationships.
Sessions That Blew Our Minds
From AI's role in healthcare to the digital transformation of hospitals, educational sessions covered it all. With more than 60 sessions, it was like a choose-your-own-adventure but with real-life, career-changing knowledge. Our blog series explored some of the most popular and exciting educational topics, including:
Networking for the Win
Of course, HCIC was about more than learning; we also had a blast connecting with like-minded professionals, speakers and vendors who passed around brilliant ideas like they were going out of style. These new connections will continue to push the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare technology.
Fast Forward to 2024
Not to outdo ourselves (okay, that’s totally the goal), but we’re already setting our sights on HCIC 2024. Clear your calendars and book your rooms—HCIC will be held at the JW Marriott in Austin, Texas, November 11-13, 2024!
We'll be on the lookout for our next set of speakers beginning in January. So, get your best ideas ready, and don't miss your chance to shine at the biggest digital healthcare conference of the year! The opening of the Call for Speakers will be announced via email and social media in early January.